Sprint 4 Retrospective

Highlights

Coming into this sprint, we had a pretty nice groove going on. Team-wise, we had decided on what we wanted to contribute to the on going ampath project and this sprint presented us with the opportunity to start building what we have been discussing. Our task as a team is to build an offline log in capability for the current users on the system. We decided to also get a visual layout of the task we wanted to complete that way we could properly diagram and see what we were building. But to accomplish all this task, we needed to understand how the session service code worked in the application. 

Completed Tasks : 

Although the original tasks we set out to complete didn’t seem too hard, it required many moving parts and sessions to fall in place before we could actually start building it. First and foremost, we as the team needed to contact ampath and verify with them if the approach we chose to address the log in issue was the best way to address the issue and also everything would be compatible with their software. We also needed to figure out how to store user credentials in local Storage so the user can log in when offline. The storage of user data would need a secure database configured. We as a team decided to research pouchDb and look up its implementation. I personally spent a few days reading up on it and began to start implementing git in code. although i could finish building the sample project i was working on, i think i got enough understood that i can help the team should we encounter any problems and depending on our progress as a team, i will probably go back an finish building that local database test app.

Another thing that got completed this sprint was the visual layout of the application and how its offline module was expected to work. We were able to draw  a model of what we wanted to build using the balsamiq tool. after diagraming it, we were able to trace some of the server side code to get a feel for what the program API was like. With this API knowledge, we are able to build and know how to implement new services and functions in the existing application.  Mathew was also able to build a prototype of what we need the application to be doing when we log in.

Looking Forward

We were able to get most of the thing we had initially decided to get taken care of this sprint period. Just like every sprint, there were still a few tasks that were not able to be completed. Mainly because they are an things that need to remain on the board until the project is fully completed. Some of these task included collaborating with other teams to ensure that the technology that is being used is compatible for all factions involved in the project development. we also currently need to create a backend design of the UI using balsamiq. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s