Sprint 2

Team Retrospective – Sprint 2

I think this was another important sprint. Most of my group members were all new to the technology we are learning so this sprint kind of gave us an opportunity to read more about the programs api’s and how they worked and functioned. We also had a few tasks that could not be completed in the first sprint so we carried them over. For the first sprint we were to complete building the application and setting up the environment.  Some of our members were also able to connect the application to the server but that was officially a task of sprint number 2.

What was done this Sprint

We spent a lot of time reading many documentations as a team to properly understand the programs architecture. we all connect to the server this sprint. Some of the other tasks that we were also to accomplished this sprint included checking out balsamiq and coming up with design ideas to implement. The design idea was no simple task because almost everything we thought of was too abstract for our current knowledge or not enough to contribute to the current repo so after sometime of going back and forth with ideas, we realized that on our Trello board, we had various tasks and features that were advertised and needed to be built and implemented in the application. After much discussions, we as a team were able to agree on one task that we felt could be accomplished and completed by us based on our current knowledge as a team. we picked the “offline login and Offline data storage” as the task we wanted to get done.

Design Implementation and Looking Forward !

Personally, i have not created any “login” applications but i believe i have the skills and tenacity to learn all that i would need in order to be able to contribute my fair share to the team. After deciding to go this route , we realized that we needed help from other teams depending on what they had selected as their tasks to complete. Since we wanted to do the users offline sign in and data storage, we needed to store the user’s passwords and usernames locally on the device that will be accessed. But since log in credentials are sensitive and needs to be secured, we realized that we needed to implement a decoding and encoding encryption system. This way, all data saved on  the local system could not be accessed by anyone who would come in contact with it. Again the patients data would also have to model the same architectural pattern because patients information are private and thereby needs to be kept safe and secure also. With all these thoughts and approaches in mind, we reached out to a team that was next to us and luckily, they agreed to handle the encryption and decryption side of the design. This brought us to an ease because  it split up the overall tasks that needed to be completed by us but on the flip side, it puts a dependency on their team. We would have to know how the encryption works so that we can code to implement it.  This to some extent makes me worry a little bit because it almost seems as though if the other team encounters issues they are not able to resolve, we will be stuck but again, i know we can use dummy variables to get at least the concept aspect completed. Looking forward to the new sprint. !

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s